"As for man, his days are like grass; as a flower of the field, so he flourishes.
When the wind has passed over it, it is no more, and its place acknowledges it no longer.
But the lovingkindness of the LORD is from everlasting to everlasting on those who fear Him..."
~Psalm 103:15-17a

A Paradox

Content with being single. . .yet longing for a family of my own
Excited about the goals I have for my future and the path that my life is going down. . .yet yearning for someone to share it with.
Thrilled to watch my friends get engaged and married. . .yet aching for my own time to come.
Joyfully celebrating with new mothers. . .yet desiring to have little ones of my own.
So thankful for opportunities to teach and interact with young children. . .yet desiring to have children of my own to teach.

I truly am content with where I am in life.  I am so grateful for the time I have to serve the Lord.  I am eager to continue working to my goals.  Thankfully, most of my days are on this side of the spectrum.  For the most part, I am content and even joyful about being single.

Yet at times there comes this intense longing to be a wife and a mother.  I want to have someone by my side.  I want to have little children to care for and love on.

It's a paradox that I can't explain.

No comments:

Post a Comment